Wednesday, January 16, 2013

25 Books

Last year I set a goal of reading 50 books by the end of the year and even put a ticker on my blog to try to motivate me.  I failed miserably.  This year I've decided to set my goal at 25 books, and increase the number, if I pass it, by 10 at a time.  I also decided that I'll try not just reading but listening to books via an audiobook app on my phone.  So I'll be reading one book and listening to one book through the year...but not at the same time of course.  In this way I can knit and crochet, or do other tasks at the same time.  The first book I've finished for the year is "The Hound Of The Baskervilles" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.  I actually started reading it last year, but never got around to finishing it so I started it over.  I'm hoping to read the entire Sherlock Holmes canon this year as part of the project.  I also intend to re-read "Gone With The Wind" and the Tolkien Trilogy (plus "The Hobbit" of course) which I haven't read in about 10 years so I'm long overdue.  So one down, and 24 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment